826 Le Green | $920,000
4 BEDROOMS | 5.5 BATHROOMS | 3,252 S.F. LIVING | 5,000 S.F. LOT
Absolutely stunning Craftsman style home in the heart of the Heights! This home retains its original 1920s charm with the reliability of new construction. The location is perfectly situated within walking distance of the Heights jogging trail and 19th street shops and restaurants. Easy access to I-10 and 45 means you are only minutes away from downtown. This home features a HUGE gameroom, 5 1/2 baths, two car garage, a study with the original fireplace and a gourmet kitchen.
826 Le Green was originally built in 1929 in the quiet, lot size-protected, but non-historic pocket of the Heights known as Ridgewood and has now been transformed into a virtually new Craftsman of superior quality. The original brick veneer of the home conveys its early 20th century charm while its extensive reconstruction includes new structural framing, piers, HVAC, electrical, and plumbing that will ensure this home lasts well through this century. Even with these broad changes, the integrity of the home’s style remains fully intact if not augmented by touches like Hardie Artisan siding, favored for its deep shadow lines. With no thru traffic, the street is a serene enclave in an increasingly lively area, yet has easy access to the rest of the Heights or closer in amenities via Studewood. The grand oak tree in the front yard, another bridge to the home’s past, is also protected by City ordinance.
- Large covered front porch with ceiling fans and gas lamp as well as enough room for a porch swing.
- Window in front gable is original wavy glass.
- Cedar shake accents on columns and gables.
- Hardie Artisan' siding with mitered corners will never rot.
- Covered back porch with ceiling fans for entertaining.
- Oversized attached 2-car garage with porte-cochere and ultra quiet garage door opener and windows for natural light.
- Outdoor motion sensor lighting for driveway and backyard visibility and security.
- Faux security cameras provide additional security peace of mind and could be replaced with real wireless cameras.
- Aluminum clad casement windows won't fade or chip and never need to be painted.
- Ample parking for 8!
- Extended culvert for additional guest parking out front.
- City planned new sidewalks, street with gutters in 2017.
- Zoned to 'minimum lot size' by City of Houston so no worry of those towering multi-house developments nearby.
- Huge Oak tree in front yard protected by City of Houston preservation ordinance (thus the gravel sidewalk near tree).
- Open concept with 2 sitting areas for entertaining with a layout still open to living, dining, and back porch entertainment area.
- Italian Carrara marble kitchen counters.
- 36" 5 burner Bertazzoni dual fuel range with matching high volume vent hood
- Bosch ultra quiet dishwasher.
- Unique Walker Zanger 'weathered brick' backsplash.
- Tons of cabinet and pantry space.
- Cedar accents, under cabinet lighting and hidden plugs.
- Pot filler, farm style sink and built-in microwave.
- Raised 11' stained cedar wood ceiling.
- Wavy glass window from original home.
- Sitting area or desk nook in master bedroom.
- Master bath features original clawfoot tub.
- Italian Carrara marble floors, shower and countertops in master bath.
- Body spray shower with frameless shower enclosure.
- Separate his/her vanities.
- Large separate his/her walk-in closets with custom built-ins.
- Private toilet, chandeliers, and barn door entry.
- Reclaimed shiplap accent wall in living/dining area.
- Full bath downstairs with Italian Carrara marble floors and shower, Kohler toilet and retro pedestal sink.
- Original wood burning fireplace in study (could be used as 5th bedroom) with small closet, cedar beams and mantle, custom book shelves, and double door entry.
- Custom beadboard bench with cubbies and hat/jacket hooks.
- Vaulted 12' ceiling in gameroom.
- Half bath in game room just so guests never have to go to a bedroom or downstairs.
- 3 Large secondary bedrooms, each with private en suite bathroom, walk-in closet, ceiling fan, and lots of natural light.
- 12x24 Italian porcelain tiled walk-in laundry room with level 5 granite, custom cabinets, wash sink, and folding counter.
- Rustic Oak hardwood flooring in natural finish.
- Brushed nickel hardware and fixtures.
- Extensive period-appropriate Millwork around all doors and windows.
- Wide baseboards with electrical outlets and no shoe mold for a clean and simple period look.
- Level 5 smooth Sheetrock.
- All new plumbing from water main to sewer main.
- All new Electrical service with 12 gage wire that exceeds building code requirements.
- All new dual unit 14 SEER HVAC with 4 controllable zones all managed by Nest Pro thermostats and whole house primary air filters for easy maintenance.
- All new structural framing and steel beams from the floor joists and 1 1/8" sub-floor to the roof rafters.
- All new insulation and sealant to ensure a very energy efficient home.
- Raised 9' ceilings.
- 14 new foundation piers added to level and support the foundation (lifetime warranty).
- Custom ordered doors and windows to match old style.